Hello everyone! This is an article about food choices that help us become healthier and lose weight with some small tips!Everyday we come across many different food choices and many times we don’t really know all the benefits that those food choices can offer to us and vice versa!
It is very important that we make sure that (almost) everything -because no one can eat for a whole life only what benefits their organisms- we consume will have positive outcomes to our body! [Stay tuned and in the end of the article I will tell (show) you why! ;-)]
So, lets start from the foods that help our metabolism faster!
- almonds: almonds are considered as one of the best brain foods. Almonds are also very beneficial for the skin, they also help weight loss.
Personally, I consume a handful of almonds at least every other day. For even better results, try to eat them after your workout sessions.
- apples: apples are a source of energy and vitamins, like many fruits as well! But, apples help me reduce my appetite. As some more of their benefits, apples reduce cholesterol. More specifically, the soluble fibre found in apples binds with fats in the intestine, which translates into lower cholesterol levels and a healthier you. I try eating an apple several times per week.
- asparagus: asparagus have a lot of nutrients and a good source of vitamins A, C, E and K. Asparagus is also a food source full of antioxidants, which help a lot to the slow aging process. It is also a brain booster food because it contains a lot of B12 vitamin.
- berries: berries are a great food choice as they help in managing diabetes, boost heart health, they control weight and can fight cancer. Types of berries that we should eat: goji berries, blueberries, acai berries, bilberries, strawberries, blackberries, cherries
- broccoli: broccoli as you may all know one way or another, is one of the main sources of food that can prevent cancer. More specifically, Sulforaphane is now being studied for its ability to delay or impede cancer with promising results shown in melanoma, esophageal, prostate and pancreatic cancers. Broccoli also helps the improving of digestion and natural detoxification.
- eggs: a medium sized egg contains 5.53 g of protein and only 63 calories. As many of you may already know, because of the above facts, eggs are a great source of protein low in calories and it helps building muscles, energy production, they contain vitamins A and B12 and selenium. Eggs are also very healthy during pregnancy, they improve eyesight and weight loss.
- lemons: Lemons are another source of vitamins. They help in the high blood pressure, weight loss, burns and skin care, and also dental care. Tip: I prefer drinking a glass of lukewarm water with a squeezed lemon inside. This is the best detox for all the people regardless of age.
- yogurt: yogurt and more especially, Greek yogurt, is a great source of nutrients. It contains many vitamins such as: A, B, C, D, E, K. An average serving, depending on the brand, can have 12 to 17.3 grams of protein. Yogurt helps the noraml operation of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, hair and blood.It contains a lot of probiotics which immediately help our intensine. Tip: I try to eat yogurt several times per week as it has great benefits to my body. When I don’t feel like eating it, I am adding fruits, honey and cinnamon and I create a great and tasty fruit salad full of energy and vitamins! Yogurt is also one of the most suitable choices after workout sessions.
So, start eating (more) of these great energy and vitamin sources for a healthier life! And always remember that….
I am looking forward to receiving your comments and opinions!